Blindsided by the Betrayal Bandit? Hold on...Help is on the way!

Betrayal is an ugly word.  Worse yet is experiencing it. It's life-shattering and life-altering. Nothing is the same after a betrayal or many betrayals. It's like an earthquake has gone off inside us; everything imploding at once. We can taste, hear, see, smell and feel the devastation. It consumes us.


If you have been blindsided by the Betrayal Bandit, the purpose of the next series of blogs is not to depress you even more!  I promise!  The purpose is to bring you hope and healing.  I know betrayal well.  I experienced it as a young girl and  I became well-acquainted with it as an adult. I've worked with many clients who experienced all kinds of betrayal.  I've studied betrayal and analyzed it. I've spent hours upon hours dissecting its anatomy so that I could figure out what is going on with us when we are betrayed. Then, I set out on a mission to design a healing program tailored specifically for recovery from betrayal. And now, I want to share my knowledge and findings with you!

I'm not going to tell you it will be easy. Recovery never is.  But I will tell you this - I know healing from betrayal is possible if you are willing to do the work. I know because I've done it. I know it because I've had the awesome privilege of witnessing countless brave clients do the same.


From the Introduction -2nd Edition Breaking Through Betrayal: And Recovering The Peace Within

Some time ago, during a counseling session, a young married mother of two sat across from me with tears streaming down her face. We had spent months working together. She was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse perpetrated by her older brother. She had endured the unimaginable for years; she had worked tirelessly on her recovery to become a more vibrant and whole woman. She thought she was navigating on safe ground. But recently, her mother, who had never believed the abuse took place, betrayed my client, again.

“I thought that after all this time and all the trouble my brother had had with the law, my mom would believe me. I mean, my brother has just been arrested again, after sexually abusing his girlfriend’s daughter. My mom still thinks he is innocent! She is putting up his bail money and paying for his attorney. I told her he is sick! He is guilty! I told her he did the same thing to me! All she said was to ‘get out’. She wants nothing more to do with me. How can this happen…what is wrong with her?”

My client dissolved in front of my very eyes. Betrayal had engulfed her, suffocated her, and sucked the life out of her. At this moment, the bundle of benign scar tissue that dwelled within her began to explode, fueled by the most recent injection of rejection. Clearly, our work was not done and, if left unattended, this client would succumb to the malignancy of despair. 



Betrayal does not just go away or heal by itself over time. While betrayal takes residence within  your soul and spirit, it disrupts and interrupts your quality of life. I have witnessed hurt people who have become cynical, resentful, and bitter.  Others have become more vulnerable, self-doubting, and thus easily reinjured.  Many injured persons resort to unhealthy, destructive means to cope. And sadly, some pain-filled people invite additional harm to themselves after becoming less resistant to debilitating physical and mental illness.

It is time to give your heart a rest and your spirit a repose.  It is time for you to move into a healthier, peaceful place of release, relief, and recovery. 
While I will be providing you with critical pieces of informative and restorative information in this blog series, of course I would love it if you would pick up a copy of  2nd Edition BTB ! It is not a "feel good book". It is a "book designed to put you to work", so that you can and will break through your betrayal and recover the peace within. 
For now - Hold on....Help is on the way! 
Betrayal has redefined our lives far too long. It is time to change that.






For more recovering tips and tools, please visit Holli Kenley .

 And  "like us" on Facebook!  Author Holli Kenley

Follow on Twitter - Holli Kenley !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness Does Not Heal Betrayal: Here's Why

"Educated" Reminds Us, Speaking Truth About Abuse Comes At A Cost. Speak It Anyway.

Inside "The Glass Castle," Parents Betray Their Children