- Degree as to length of time
- Degree as to what we gave of ourselves or what was taken from us
- Degree as to what was lost: personal, relational, material, inter-personal qualities, of characteristics, beliefs, or even our identities or personas
- Acute or short term - The betrayal happens once and/or does not last long. However, short term betrayal can involve horrific trauma and require long-term recovery. It can also be of a lower level, yet still painful.
- Chronic or on-going - The betrayal (s)takes place over time; the betrayal environment is conducive to perpetual injury, abuse, or trauma.
- Recurrent or episodic - The betrayal takes place; then subsides. Usually because of environmental factors, betrayal injury resurfaces.
- Multiple betrayals - Betrayal is perpetrated repeatedly by the same person, thing, or environment over a short span or longer periods of time; or betrayal is perpetrated or exacerbated by one or more individuals, things, or environments.
- Re-injury from self - Turning to destructive behaviors or self-soothing behaviors as a result of the betrayal resulting in additional injury to self.
Betrayal has know us far too long. It is time to change that.
and like us @ Facebook - Author Holli Kenley