- Betrayal by someone
- Betrayal of someone
- Betrayal of self
- Was let go or fired from a job unjustifiably?
Betrayal by Someone
- Was left by his/her partner or spouse unexpectedly?
- Was scammed by a person or company?
- Was abandoned, abused, neglected or rejected by a loved one, family member, or friend?
- Was lied to by a trusted individual?
- Narcissism or other self-inflating characteristics
- Addictions or other unhealthy self-soothing behaviors
we betray ourselves and we experience tremendous shame.
- Regressed into a former pattern of unhealthy behavior such as anger, rage, or control?
- Returned to toxic relationships or abusive friendships?
- Relapsed into drugs, alcohol, or other addictions?
- Abandoned or turned away from a program of recovery or a process of healthy living?
- Left an environment that is healthy and healing – a place of work or living, support systems or friendships?
- Let go of spiritual practices that tether individuals to their worth or purpose?
- Rejected cultural or ethnic norms, traditions, or customs and forfeited the foundations of your heritage?
- Denied your true selves – who you are, your roles, and your identities?
- Let go of your truths - held onto past mistakes, secrets, injuries or injustices; lied to yourself and to others about them?
|Betrayal of Self|
Next time as we look at 3 unique healing considerations, we will move from...